Combined Gap and RTI Insurance
Combined Gap and RTI Insurance
What happens if your car is declared a write off due to an accident, fire or theft? Then you discover that your insurance company payout will not match the original price you paid for your car.
This scenario is faced by many motorists today. Even if you are not liable, you could find a significant shortfall between the amount you receive in settlement and the price you originally paid, depending upon the rate of depreciation of your car.
Rockingham Cars and AutoProtect offer all our customers Combined Guaranteed Asset Protection, through AutoProtect’s Combined GAP and RTI Insurance product. Whether you have paid outright for your vehicle, or made a finance agreement, you can be fully covered with Combined Guaranteed Asset Protection.
How Combined Guaranteed Asset Protection works
Combined Guaranteed Asset Protection works by paying out the greater of the Finance GAP or Return to Invoice (RTI) amount:
Imagine that you have bought your vehicle outright and paid £26,500 for your car which is unfortunately stolen and not recovered. The motor insurance provider then declares it a total loss and they value the car at £14,000 using current market conditions. RTI can pay up to the difference of £12,500 to top it up to the original £26,500.
Imagine that you have financed your vehicle and paid £26,500 for your car which is unfortunately stolen and not recovered. The motor insurance provider then declares it a total loss and they value the car at £14,000 using current market conditions. However, you still owe the Finance Company £17,500. Finance GAP insurance may pay out up to the £3,500 difference.
Combined GAP and RTI insurance could pay out the greater of either the RTI or GAP pay-out, protecting you whatever your circumstance. It's that simple!
Contact our sales team for more information on 01536 268991 or email email@example.com
Combined Guaranteed Asset Protection Benefits
- RTI Cover could reimburse any difference between the road risk insurance settlement and original vehicle price
- GAP is suited to our customers taking out a finance agreement and may pay the difference between the road risk insurance settlement and the finance amount still owed
- Combined GAP and RTI insurance could pay out the greater of either the RTI or GAP pay-out, protecting you whatever your circumstance
- Meets the Association of British Insurers (ABI) code of practice
What is not insured?
- Ineligible vehicles: There are certain vehicles that can not be covered such as Taxis, Couriers, Commercial or Emergency vehicles or vehicles over £75,000
- Any total loss if the vehicle is stolen by any person having access to the keys of the vehicle
- Any indirect losses, negative equity relating to a previous vehicle or charges that do not directly relate to to the purchase of the vehicle such as costs of registration, insurance premiums, fuel, administration or late payment charges.
- If your motor insurer offers you a replacement vehicle on a "new for old" basis and you choose to decline this offer the the policy will settle your claim using market value.
Restrictions of Cover
Motor Insurance: You must have fully comprehensive motor insurance cover on your vehicle throughout the term of the product
You must be the registered owner and keeper of the vehicle which must be registered and principally used in the UK
Claims are payable up to the maximum stated in the policy schedule
Combined GAP and RTI is an insurance policy and is subject to terms and conditions. You should note that there are certain limitations in terms of the maximum amount you may claim. Please ask for further details